Quantum Construct (qc++)
Quantum Construct (qC++) is an Open Source & Cross Platform C++ Quantum Mechanics Toolkit designed for rapid development of quantum mechanical simulations with plotting and graphical user interfaces. Object Oriented Design (OOD) and various well known libraries have been used to implement the toolkit with emphasis on logical and physics related design ideas. The Toolkit is supported through a project page at SourceForge.net.
Quantum Mechanics has basically 3 elements.
1) The Physical field or fields.
2) The state of the field and its evolution, via an equation. These equations have various forms, such as the Time-Dependent Schödinger (TDS) equation, Time-Dependent Gross-Pitaevskii (TDGP) equation or the Time-Dependent Ginzberg-Landau (TDGL) equation and others.
3) Various Phase related operations.
Quantum Construct adds other aspects to this with
4) Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
5) Plotting in both 2D and 3D
Classes/Objects have been implemented to accomplish the first three elements and Well Known Libraries for the other two aspects. The GUIs are available through the Open Source version of Trolltech Qt Class Library, with the plotting implemented via a Qt™ widget library called QwtPlot3D which uses OpenGL. The field classes (which are essentially very efficient containers with extra physical features) with the ultra fast Blitz++ Numerical Library.
Copyright © 2005, Shekhar Suresh Chandra.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.